Telehealth at Share is cutting edge for rural health care providers. As partners with St. Anthony Hospital in Oklahoma City, we are excited to further enhance our patients’ access to physician specialists and other health services with telehealth.
What exactly is telehealth?
Telehealth is the use of telecommunications and information technologies for long-distance health care, health education, public health and health administration.
Share’s telehealth services include:
- ear / nose / throat
- staff education and training
- the internet
- store-and-forward imaging
- streaming media
- land and wireless communications
What are the benefits of telehealth?
- quicker scheduling of specialist appointments
- no need to travel beyond Alva to see the specialist in Oklahoma City
- covered by Medicare and most insurance providers
- reduces financial burden on patients for:
- time off work
- vehicle wear and tear
- unrelated spending
Director of Nursing: Regina Wilson, RN